Was your babies measurements in the ultrasound correct?

Im 25weeks and my ultrasound measured my daughters legs at bein 28weeks. Pretty tall. Just wondering if these measurements are usually on point.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 11:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My first ultrasound let me know my due date and it was 2 days off. And my son was 7lbs 8oz and 19ins. So, since I wasn't far off the EDD and since he was average weight and length....I say it was right on.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I had a size check with my first baby because I was measuring 4-5 weeks behind. It showed him being average sized but short. He was born 2 weeks early weighing 7 1/2 lbs and 21 inches long. The problem with the length measurement is that it only measures the femur and my kids have short femurs and long torsos. All of my kids measured short and they were all long, my last baby was 22 inches long, but he was also 10 days late.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• At 39 weeks and 5 days my DD measured 6lbs and 12 oz on the ultrasound .... she was born at 40 weeks 5 days at 8 lbs 7.5 oz. So very wrong lol
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• U/S is not exact just so you know....
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:22 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• My doctor told me u/s can be off sometimes.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• With all my pregnancies my measurements were all off by 2-3 weeks ahead. Ultrasounds are not 100%. They just give you and the doctor an idea of size etc.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 11:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Mine were off. My daughter was measuring about 2 or 3 weeks behind what she was, but I had her on my original due date. But the ultrasound they gave me the day she was born, she measured within an ounce of her birth weight. Most people that I've known, their measurements have been off at least a little.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I'm not sure. My son measured a bit big around that time I think but he was born on his due date at 7lbs 8oz. I was never told the ultrasound was incorrect but I wouldn't think that they are always 100% accurate.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I asked for a copy of my daughter's ultrasound report, it's the only one I have. It said she measured 3 days ahead. She was born 3 days late weighing 8 lbs 1 oz, and 20.5 in which is just a little bigger than average, so I guess it was fairly accurate for her.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I don't remember.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2010