Homemade Halloween Costume Ideas???

I dont really have the "extra" spending money for a halloween costume, maybe something that i can make up and buy some certain things for it...

anyways i need some ideas.. please help :)

Thanks :)

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• present.....................
    Take an empty box big enough to go over the person's body. Cut a hole in the top big enough to fit theri head through and holes on the side big enough for arm holes. Cut the flaps off. Use any wrapping paper you have and wrap the top and sides of present. If it's birthday paper you can add a birthday hat, and/or ribbon to embelish the present. My daughter was 4 last year and this is what she was. We got a lot of compliments on it.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 7:02 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• another high compliment, inexpensive and fun home made costume was a crayon when my oldest was about 6. I bought 2 sheets of poster paper, she was pink. Anyhow, you staple one piece of poster board around to make a tube the right size for her body. Then use black marker to draw out the lines of a crayon wrapper, I just copied a crayola crayon. Cut out arm holes, and it's also helped keep it on her body better by attaching smaller strips of paper over her shoulders. I cut the other sheet and made a cone hat for the point of the crayon. She wore a long sleeved pink shirt and pink leggings. It turned out really cute.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 7:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I don't sew, but yah, not spening 20$ on a costume they will wear once. I bought my son's at a consignment shop. It cost me 3$.
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 7:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Well for my daughter I made her a bitterfly costume. I made her a little black tutu with yellow bows, I bought wire and bent it into a butterfly wing shape and stretched a very stretchy black tulle over it and then painted the pattern of a monarch butterfly. she is wearing blk and wht polka dot leggins and a black long-sleeve top. It turned out really well. Super cute. she loves it. It cost me $9 for the whole outfit. given she already had the leggins and top. good luck, be creative. Ask him/her what the want to be.
    Anonymous

• I was broke when my 10 year old was 2, and he was frankenstein. I ripped up an old pair of pants and a flannel shirt, painted his face green, and sprayed his (white blond) hair black, and threw a pair of work boots on him. It was really cute. I'm sure some people will say how unsafe face makeup and colored hair spray is.... but I assure you, he is fine.

My sister was Mother nature one year. She took an old prom dress and hot glued fake birds, leaves, and whatever "nature" stuff she could find on it. She had a wand, but I can't remember what it was made of. Also, very cute.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 9:59 AM on Oct. 24, 2008