Advice Please? On pregnancy with another baby.

I currently have an 8 month old baby, and my husband and I are thinking about having a nother. when is it a good time to start trying to have a nother baby? Should I wait untill my current baby can walk on his own, or should I start now so that I don't have to try to keep up with him in the 1st trimester when I am exsosted?

mcadoojess

Asked by mcadoojess at 11:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd is 8mnths also..i thought about trying but decided its just to early for me we plan on trying again the end of next summer
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 11:40 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• That all depends! If you start trying now, you might not get pregnant right away and you'll have to keep up with him anyway. I personally would wait, that way your son can "help" when you're pregnant and he'll be more accepting of a new baby if he feels like he's helping mommy, but that's just me!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 11:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• I second sarah!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• Honestly, it's a decision that you have to make. No one else can make it for you. You could get pregnant right away or it could take a while for you to get pregnant. What is right for one person is not right for another. Just think about it, talk about it and pray about it. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• oh trust me if you really want a baby u can do it now. I have two that are only 13 months apart it is not hard as everyone makes it out to be.
    coreyhsmom

Answer by coreyhsmom at 11:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• The right time is whenever you can handle it financially and both you and dh want one. If I were you I'd rather get pregnant now than wait and have a newborn AND a potty-trainee
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 11:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2010

• i believe u can do it now.. i did mine are exactly a year apart but it was easier than i thought
    chulafromhtown

Answer by chulafromhtown at 10:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I planned my 2nd child to be born when my 1st was 3 years & 2 months old. It has had its ups and downs. She has been a big help with household work & doing things for herself. But it has also been hard on the both of us, she doesnt get all my attention now & I cant spend alot of time with her right now with a newborn. I'm still glad I waited untill she was this old instead of her being younger.
    s_harden

Answer by s_harden at 4:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• well, what are you comfortable with? If you are are ready to handle two babies at the same time, go for it! If you question your ability to do it with two at this moment, there is no shame in waiting.
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 6:16 PM on Oct. 2, 2010