I need a stroller that can be pushed up and down a flight of about 20 stairs.

I know that sounds odd, but I live upstairs in an apartment complex and the only way to get my son up and down is to put him in the stroller and slowly go down with the back wheels of the stroller on the steps. I wish there was another way, but I can't carry the stroller because I would have to hold his hand with the other and I can't carry a full sized stroller with only one hand. Once I left it down there alone and took my son up and put him in his high chair only to discover that in that 30 seconds someone had stolen my $80 stroller. Anybody know of a stroller with a good metal frame that sounds like it can stand up to this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I lived on the 3rd floor when I had my first and I just took the stroller down first then him. Oh and I ran..I never worried so much about the stroller but my son and our stroller was like $200...LOL Outing wore me out! We only had one car so the in car thing did not work for us but thats what I would of done had I had my own car at that time.Fortunately we moved to first floor when I was pregnant with my daugter!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Do you have a car? Why don't you store the stroller in the car? I'm sorry but NO strollers are recommended for using on stairs. It is too dangerous to have a child in the stroller while trying to manuver it up and down a flight of stairs.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't have a car or I wouldn't have left the stroller just sitting there. I wish there was another way but I can't think of one.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 12:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• sorry, i don't know of any heavyweight strollers. but have you tried using one of those light weight umbrella strollers instead so you can just carry him/hold his hand up & down the steps while dragging the stroller in the other hand. it should be easier than a full size stroller, unless you need the full size for another reason. maybe just use an umbrella stroller on quick runs out & the heavy duty ones for when you'll be making those trips where you might need the use of the undercarriage basket.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• oops.. not heavyweight. *** heavy duty
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 12:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The thing that sucks is we need a really tall full sized stroller because my husband has back problems and he can't bend over to push an umbrella stroller. Plus, not having a car, I walk to wherever we need to go and I can't do without the basket for shopping in town.
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 12:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I lived in an upstairs apt when our second was born. I had a two yr old and a newborn and for the life of me I cant remember how we made it up and down,,,,lol,,really, I mean that! Can you and dh somehow formulate a different scheduling plan where you can go and do what needs to get done, and he can watch baby? Or,,,can you possibly rent a garage, from this complex? We where given a garage, ;it might be so much easier on you to rent the garage per month to keep the stroller in then going up and down with it everyday. It sounds pretty dangerous, like the others have said. I know how much it sucks living upstairs, I did for a full year with a 2 and newborn...
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Stairs and strollers do not mix =( but as for stroller brands.. i am a pramaholic so my choice no matter what is a bugaboo. It is so easy to maneuver and is ALL terrain =) good luck in your search, take a look at bugaboo or other brands like it!
    pamjp

Answer by pamjp at 4:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010