What do you think about married woman with guy friends?

What do you think about married woman who have guy friends?
Do you think when a woman gets married they should cut contact with them?
Im just curious because my mom thinks that a woman cant be friends with a guy unless they are dating or married. I ask why not? What do you think?

ArmyWife112908

Asked by ArmyWife112908 at 12:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• I can't see a problem with it really. I've always had more guy friends than female friends. I don't think that getting married means you should have to do anything different involving your friends.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no way i have many guy friends and i absolutely love them i rather have guy friends then girl friends...cuz guys keep it real women confuse the hell out of me...and my husband has no problem he is actually friends to my friends...it's all about respect and trust...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• most of my friends are guys. It can be hard after you are married, but I won't cut them out of my life if I know that we are only 'just friends'
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Depends on what you are doing with that guy friend and what you're talking about with that guy friend. Definitely don't be spending more time with the guy friend than dh. Preferably hang out with guy friend in dh's presence. Maybe youwill all be friends together and guy friend will get a wife and you'll have a couple to vacation with and eat out and such.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 12:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I guess it depends on the kind of relationship you have with the guy friends. Most of my guy friends are mutual friends between my fiance and I, that I only see or talk to on facebook or when we are all out together. I think that its not a problem if your husband is completely comfortable with the friend and doesn't mind how/when you communicate with the friend. But if it is causing rifts in the relationship, then I think husband takes priority over the friend in that situation and you shouldn't continue whatever it is that is making him uncomfortable.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it. I don't have a lot of guy friends, but I have one that my husband and I are close to. There was no shortage of people to tell me it didn't look right when I'd hang out with him alone. It didn't matter. My husband knew who I was with and had no problems with it even when he was offshore working. It all depends on the level of trust in your relationship. What other people outside of your relationship say has no bearing on your relationship.
    Desi_Momof4

Answer by Desi_Momof4 at 12:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Boundaries are the key. I have guy friends that I LOVE, but once I got married the relationships changed. Not for the worse, just different. The friends must respect your married relationship.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have guy friends. I am single again.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have a lot of guy friends....I dont see why that i should not talk to them or hang out with them just because i am married....i mean im just married not cut off from the world...If my husband asks me not to talk to a certan person because he does not trust or like them then i will slowly cut contact but thats all
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I've never been married but my bff is Christopher.. he's the most fabulous person ever to walk the face of the earth!!! My bf loves Christopher and Chris agrees with me.... my bf is pretty smokin hot!!! LOL!
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2010