Could you please pray for my bad mouth?

I hate that I cuss. I stopped for the longest time but now I am back at it again. I don't want my baby to eventually start using these words. Thanks. If you have advice on what helped you please pass it along to me. I am ashamed-thus I am anonymous here:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• First of all.. shame is not from God.... I encourage you to ask God to strip that shame so that you can go to Him with your whole heart and ask Him to help you with your language. There are scriptures you can look up on how to speak and think about how those words affect you. Find out why you started slipping. I started slipping because I had anger issues coming up.. I was frustrated but when I learned to deal with some of those issues, my language changed. Often cussing is a sign of deeper heart issues that needs to be worked on. Father God will help you through it, just continue to have the willingness to want to change and it will happen.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Sure. I don't have that problem so I can't give advice, but I have a serious problem with wasting most of my day on the computer, and I'm afraid my kids are going to grow up thinking that's the most important thing in life and their memory of their childhood is going to be me on the computer off and on all day long. So, I'll pray right now that you will be able to control the bad words and maybe you could pray really quick for me that I would be able to control my computer addiction that I'm sure I have.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Replacement words and phrases are a lot of fun.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• practice replacing the curse words with another word...such as f@#K... say frank...or SH@T...say shoot...etc...hope this helps
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• its just words.
    Whats the real difference between saying: daMn or darRn or dang. They all mean the same thing, except some letters.

Shit and poop are the same thing but one is okay to say and one isn't, even they are the exact same thing physically. Its just words. Society makes us feel bad for saying them, but there's nothing actually wrong with words.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I use to curse like a salior as my mother would have said. I have curb that part of me i just say shut up Dee don't go there. i find out that when I am not happy that i use those harsh words. When things are out of my controll i use those word. I now i refain them by not thinking of those word. I might say oh my freak, please freaking stop.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 12:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm sorry you're feelign this way :(

Strong vibes to you to help break the habit!

Have you tried a cuss jar or anything?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Read scripture about what come out of the mouth makes a person unclean because this is from your heart. I would suggest learning about what scripture says about circumsizing the heart because you may need to get a grip on your emotion and judging issues. Walk in humbleness, serve others by putting others before yourself and use your words to buid others up not destroy them, this is how you honor God by trying to be the best of who you are, by reflecting Christ.
    shannonGilmour

Answer by shannonGilmour at 4:17 PM on Oct. 6, 2010