How many of you has been out of work for over a year?

I can't stand it anymore! How depressing :((

NicolesMommy

Asked by NicolesMommy at 12:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• My SO, has been out of work since Dec '09. It is sooo frusterating getting turned down all the time! He is a Journeyman Electrician, so he knows what he is doing. I am currently looking for a job as well. We are a family of 4, living off $1200 a month on unemployment. So we have been depressed for some time now. The only thing that keeps us going, is our girls. They turn our frown upside down :)
    RubyBlue82

Answer by RubyBlue82 at 11:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I was out of work from 1/06 to 1/08! I have never been more depressed in my life! It was not by choice, I was laid off, my industy almost crumbled with the recession, and my son was too old to need a stay at home mom! (he was in college) LOL
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 6 months here. So depressed I think about jumping from my window. I have applied to so many places Its frightening.... Now all there is is seasonal work. And my job fired me when my kid and hubby had been sick and hubby was out of work. It has been a crap year for us.
    mrsmommy2007

Answer by mrsmommy2007 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have been out of work since 2006. Now that I'm pregnant, I really can't find a job!
    Smile161

Answer by Smile161 at 1:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Seriously, ya'll need to move! Do you know there are actually towns out there that can't find anyone to fill their jobs? St. Louis is one of them, there are tons of jobs available. Marion, Illinois, Pepsi is hiring and they are even providing CDL training as well! You can't beat that!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I was in this position, but the worse the economy got the more I realized the only one who could fix this is ME...So i became Self employed.
    It is defintiely not a complainer or lazy mans world right now, so I figured the only way out was to do something about it...SO I picked a company that had all the makings of success, financially sound, good history and credentials and was Cheap enough to put out to get started.
    Within my first week I made close to 600 bucks..BEFORE I EVEN HAD A CLUE WHAT I WAS DOING..then 1,000 and I have never stopped...IT doesn't fall from the sky but this team is #1 and for a reason the training support encouragement and the fact that we have LIFESTYLE in our LIFE and not be Bogged down with the BAD and depressing...be positive and realize YOU HAVE THE POWER to change it all.
    Anyone who wishes to have this help, and support &WE HAVE FULL LEGAL AND IDENTITY PROTECTION..Message me I have a SOLUtion
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I was out of a job for two years, most depressing.
    sher1266

Answer by sher1266 at 10:02 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I hve been out of work for more then five years and not because I want to be. I started Harmony Recycle Ranch. I run it my self and I went back to school.for crimial justice. I know how you feel not working and haveing to figure out what is next.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i haven't had a job in almost 5 years.. i've been a stay at home mom..
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I know how you feel...I have been out of work for almost 3 years and have been a stay at home mom...Although I do take classes online...I am not to happy with my life like this...I hate having to stay at home because i NEVER get out of the house...me getting out of the house consists of going to the store to get food....
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010