Realtor Gift and Loan Officer Gift?

SO, we are closing next week and I was wondering if we are suppose to give a gift to either one of them for working so hard as they did?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Their commision is their gift, IMO.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Their commision is usually enough. I sold houses for three years and never got a gift, but I GAVE a gift to everyone that closed with me. I bought a bunch of beautiful picture frames, then after closing I would take their picture in front of their new house, and a few weeks after move in I would stop by and present them with a picture in frame, with the closing (or move in) date and address embossed in gold.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The gift is all the money they are getting out of you. Gifts are for friends and people you love, not hire. Don`t feel obligated.
    bb510

Answer by bb510 at 12:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I also believe that their huge commission is their gift. But the last house we sold I gave my Realtors a nice plant for their office as a thank you because it was a very long process and they also helped us find a house in this mortgage mess and it took a year with a lot of let downs. But normally we have gotten a nice gift from our Realtors for choosing them.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I sent a thank you to our realtor, this was our third through her and she is awesome. We didn't use a loan officer this time (no mortgage) and last time it was a huge pressure and we weren't happy with the service at all so no, there was no thank you for her. Our first house the loan was sold within a month of purchase so nope, no thank you there either.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No they get enough money out of you or the other person that is their gift I feel like it's your home and they get way to much money for what they do, do It's their job no gift
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2010