Where the hell are Max and Ruby's parents?

It's a kid's show, and they have other adults on it... they have a grandma... but these two little kids live in a house by themselves. They never say anything about mom or dad.

Why don't Max and Ruby have parents?

Ati_13

Asked by Ati_13 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Entertainment

• Here's what one article says on it:

"As the author of highly-acclaimed children's books including Noisy Nora, Wells consistently encourages children to think outside-of-the box with amusing and compelling stories, with the goal of the television show being to highlight the ups and downs of sibling relationships.

So, what does this have to do with Max & Ruby's parents? Well, sometimes kids have to work things out on their own. Rosemary Wells tells Nick Jr. that 'As in most other classic stories, we don't see Max & Ruby's parents. I believe that kids resolve their issues and conflicts differently when they are on their own.'"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• ha ha I wondered too...I think its cute bt we rarely watch it. Every kids show is meant to annoy us well maybe not but its meant for kids...LOL
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• ugh! Maybe their parents ran away... I hate watching Max and Ruby! For real Max is a brat!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i wonder that too.. sometimes it seems like ruby is the mom!! i dont like that cartoon lol.. she's too bossy!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Lol I hate that show!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have no idea but we are not the only people who want to know! Every parent I know asks the same thing. maybe its to make us crazy while the kids watch the show!
    someday89

Answer by someday89 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My ds watches max and ruby sometimes...and for awhile i thought ruby was the mom...and DS said.. nooo she his sister...lol
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 12:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• hahaha too funny i have no idea...we need to contact nick jr and make a complain on this...thats child neglect...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I hate that show, Ruby is a bossy bossy brat.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My 4 yr old loves Max & Ruby. I think it is cute, but it can get a bit annoying as Ruby tends to be bossy and Max tends to not listen and do what he is told. I have wondered why the parents are never around-- as they have bunny scout leader, Grandma and other 'adults' on there....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2010