Know anyone who has done this or a friend has?

Locked up a car engine from having NO oil in it?

Forgetting to get the oil changed on time/checking it?

IF SO???? What did they do?

Did they have a mechanic pour oil in, let it sit 2-3 days, and try it again once lubricated?

Yes... I stupidly did this...hoping my mechanics can try that and it works! I damn sure cant afford a new engine or car!

What makes me mad about it is Ive gone 1,000 miles over it being DUE for an oil change before and no problems.......and now ....this time.....BAM!!

Please no bashing... it DOES happen...more than ya think to people whom just get busy.........and no my oil light was not working....so it did not say... HEY you are low on oil idiot! FEED ME!

THANKS !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes, my ex husband did this, we had to have the engine rebuilt.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• when I was 16 with my first car I drove the car out of oil AND gas.. it blew my cad. converter, exhaust piping, and muffler, and stalled out. About a month later the engine died completely.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:31 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i don't have a warning light either. but i have learned (after replacing the engine) that if you hear a knocking under the hood, add oil!
    we were never that lucky, the engine broke while on the freeway so we had to replace it. in two diffferent cars, the first one was his fault the second was mine.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Most of the time the engine is shot after having no oil in it. My hubby just said that's the easiest way to lock up a motor you might get lucky and have to rebuild it or you might end up having to buy a new motor. It's best to NEVER EVER let your car go without oil that is like you having to drink water or eat food to keep your body running
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010