door-to-door salesmen....like or dislike?

We have recently moved into a new neighborhood, and a security systems salesman has come to our house at least 3 times, and each time we say "no, thanks". Well, actually my husband is the nice one....I'm the one doing all I can not to tell him to get his behind off our porch.

My husband says I'm being rude by not wanting the man to return after we tell him we're not interested, and that its very rude of me to want to kick his a** if he ever returns.

What would you do....let the salesman do his pitch as many times as he wants, or tell him to get lost?

art.diva

Asked by art.diva at 12:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I do NOT like door to door salesmen, 'religion peddlers', the people who do door to door surveys or are pushing their political figures during election times. I never let them in my house, I talk to them thru the locked screen door. Frankly I really don't care if I am rude to them-- they are not my friends, not my family and I did not invite them over. The only 'sellers' who I am nice to and sometimes buy from are young kids selling fundraiser stuff or girl scouts selling cookies. Other than that-- ring my doorbell at your own risk-- if you dare!
    (evil chuckle and rubbing hands together like Dexter on Dexter's Lab)
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Tell him to get off your property and put up a No Solicitor's sign. Why keep letting the guy come back? You are obviously not interested in his services. They used to drive me crazy. It was always the meat guy, magazine subscriptions, someone looking for home repairs, political canvassers and religious people. No soliciting means exactly that!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i normally dont answer the door.. i hate door to door salesmen!!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 12:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Never had one come to the door.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• DISLIKE! Pushy people interrupting my family time
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Ugh I hate those guys...I would tell him that I am not interested and to please not return...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Tell him you're not interested now and you wont be in a week either so dont bother coming back
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I had this happen... with a cable salesmen. He kept knocking and knocking, and the first time dh wasn't home, I was nice and the second time, I freaked out on him. I was trying to get dinner on the table, the dog was going ballistic, and the kids were all hungry, and things were burning.

Not only did I tell him to get lost, but I called the parent company and told them that if they banged on the door again, I'd be seeing what it took to take some legal action against them.

Problem solved.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:27 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• hmmm I know everyone is trying to make a buck especially in this ecomony but I would be very annoyed! Plus letting people come into your house or look in your house they may always see something they like and come back to steal it! like salesmen, plumbers, etc
    someday89

Answer by someday89 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I do not answer the door at all. I did not invite them over so I let them leave whatever it is they want to leave and go about my business. I don't care about being nice to a stranger when I'm inside my home. What about the stranger being considerate by not coming back over and over when you both have told him you're not interested.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2010