My baby choked while drinking water and vomited profusely. won't stop crying. afraid it aspirated into his lungs

My baby got choked on some water and gagged and then projectile threw thru nose and mouth. and i kept suctionin his nose but it didn't make it better. He started like hoding his breath every couple seconds and was unconsollable for 45 minutes. He still wont take his paci, like he can't breathe out his nose or something. and now hes sleeping it sounds wheezy. Am i being paranoid or should I take him to the ER.. What could have happened?
He's 9 months old. Please help I am freaking out and alone here.

babyluv6379

Asked by babyluv6379 at 12:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Keep an eye on his breathing, but it sounds normal. He was scared and probably hurt by the vomiting. If he was crying for that long, the wheezing is probably from the crying, not the water. And if he was crying like that he obviously got all the water out of his lungs lol.

It sounds like he was just scared and upset and probably uncomfortable with the vomiting.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Did you try clearing(suctioning) his nose with a bulb syringe? How fast is he breathing? What is is color?
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't have his bulb, I am traveling out of state. i used a medicine dropper to get what i can. but it sounds like stuck in back of throat. color good and has calmed down. his breathing just sounds louder and wheezes every once in awhile. i mean can babies aspirate vomit into their lungs and what are the warning signs?
    babyluv6379

Comment by babyluv6379 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes it can happen, but if they aspirate enough to cause harm then they cough like crazy and don't stop. Then their breathing sounds wet and gurgly.

((HUGS)) you're a great mom, but take a deep breath... I think he's going to be fine :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• call his dr. im one of those its better to safe than sorry
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 3:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2010