Labor Cookies?

I've seen sevral women posting about making labor cookies. What are labor cookies and how are they supposed to work?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Wow, I've never heard of this, I checked the link, wish I'd known that years ago!!! LOL
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The only thing I've ever heard about labor cookies is my birth mother made chocolate chip cookies when she started having contractions and all my mom could say about them is that they were a little burned, lol!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The thought that a cookie can JUMP START your labor is seriously laughable!

Now, I do have a recipe for a monster cookie that I make that I happen to call Labor Cookies but they are not for starting labor, rather it's a great recipe to make while in early labor and to eat later as they are packed full of energy and grains to keep you going during your labor.

:)
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Here is a bump for you because I have never heard of labor cookies.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I've never heard of these, but will probably try them when I hit my due date :)
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 3:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• my sister ate a whole bag of ginger snaps, bc i guess the ginger is suppose to start labor, well she got high blood pressure all of the sudden and had to be induce asap at 39 weeks ( im sure the cookies had nothing to do with this lol )
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 8:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have not heard of this but it is interesting. I may try it if needed or see if it helps anyone else
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 10:18 PM on Oct. 2, 2010