If you had a family memeber dating another familiy member what would you do/say?

one of my family members is dating a cousin of ours ( that said cousin is not blood related but has been in our family since he was 1 year old)
I find it gross and incest like but the rest of my family has no problem with it and is now mad at me for saying it is wrong.
Do you think it is wrong or do you think it is okay since they are not blood related?

Amber_Sblood

Asked by Amber_Sblood at 12:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Uhhhmmmmm.......
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Um, they AREN'T related...reread you're question.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If they were raised around the others like family I feel it's kind of wrong because they're taking a role as family. Would feel equally disquested with inlaws getting together because it's just too close for comfort.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 12:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no they are related just not blood related his mother is our aunt by marriage and our uncle adopted him when he was 1 so he is technically related
    Amber_Sblood

Comment by Amber_Sblood (original poster) at 12:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I dont think it is right....that would be like marrieg your step-brother because your not blood related...yuck
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• He is not biologically related at all. But it is up to you .....if it bothers you,that is your choice.
    This reminds me of a SOAP! LOL.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it at all. I know many do, but as long as there is no close blood relations, I don't care who you love lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i dont think its good but her to each there own...lol dont sweat the small stuff mama
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I agree with you, they've been raised as cousins, and they are related. If anything happens in their relationship to make them break up, it will affect the whole family. I wouldn't be comfortable with one of my cousins dating another one. If you are to consider an adopted relative your relative, then you can't be expected to approve of them having a relationship with another relative. I have adopted cousins, they are just my cousins the same as my biological cousins, it would be just as weird for them to date another cousin, as for two of my biological cousins to date.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Personally I think its really weird, but I wouldn't say its "wrong" because they aren't blood related so its NOT incest. However like another poster stated, that would be like dating your step brother or something. EW! I have a cousin who was adopted and I don't think she is any less my cousin because she isn't related by blood. We were raised as true cousins, so that's what we are. Blood or not. That being said, I don't feel like it was really your place to say anything about the relationship. It would be a different story if there was actual blood relation there because that would just be wrong on so many levels, but since technically what they are doing is not incest, I don't think anyone should really say anything about it.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2010