what do you think of this?

My DD wrote this

"Friendship is a personal relationship shared between each friend for the welfare of other, in other words, it is the relationship of trust, faith and concern for each other feelings. It is a relationship of mutual caring."

Friendship to me is caring about the other person, to listen to them and care about what they say. Friends don't ignore call, emails, texts or any other way that the other friend tries to talk to them. Friends make time for each other, no matter how busy they are. Friends aren't rude or mean, instead they are caring and understanding. They are people you can trust with your secrets or deepest fears without having to worry about judgments. They don't judge you on how you do things, even if they are different from their own. Friendship, or any kind of relationship, is a two-way street, meaning if one person is not trying or doesn't care and the other person is trying then the relationship

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• It's a great definition and it sounds like your daughter is very mature and understanding, and has also had some not-so-nice "friendships" in the past that she grew and learned from.

All good signs :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well said! I think your dd's view on friendship is spot-on! How old is your dd?

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well said...How old is DD?
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Sorry it didn't post the whole thing and I must of click anon

They don't judge you on how you do things, even if they are different from their own. Friendship, or any kind of relationship, is a two-way street, meaning if one person is not trying or doesn't care and the other person is trying then the relationship won't last. The person trying will eventually get sick of trying so hard for something that will never be the same. This can happen to the closest of friends, and I would think the person who keeps trying is really hurt and confused by the actions of the other friend or person. So please if you have a "friend" who is not as close to you as you used to be, tell them!
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 1:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• and sorry its my friends dd. its late, she is 14.
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 1:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• she is a very smart girl!
    Kimora_neko

Answer by Kimora_neko at 1:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Your DD has a great head on her shoulders and it also appears that you have brought her up well. Obviously she very good with writing and I see why you posted it, it's great! She should be a writer, or a psychologist. She seems very compassionate.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Very well written! Kudos to the author!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2010