Flu Shots?

It seems like they are really pushing Flu Shots for pregnant women. Are you planning to get a flu shot?

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 12:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• tayanna-How are those chemicals NOT passed through to the baby? Everything else is? I am not sure how oe can be advised not to take advil during pregnancy, but a drug containing thimerosal is ok. The only answer I can think of is $$$$$$
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• nope, never have and never will.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 12:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No. I just dont like how they dont even offer to split up shots anymore. Why must I get injected with the chemicals for all three flus at once? Not to mention, why is there still mercury in these vaccines? And how is this safe for my unborn baby but not for a born infant?
    Just too much to worry about. I will just be extra careful and pay super close attention to flu like symptoms.
    I really just dont trust it, ESPECIALLY when pregnant.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Ditto........nope, never have and never will.
    Indyk

Answer by Indyk at 12:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Ditto here too!........Nope, never have and never will. Never had the flu either.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 1:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I will be getting a flu shot. After going through swine flu last season, I will do anything to avoid that again.

Also, I firmly believe that vaccinations are necessary to keep diseases that were once eradicated from returning. We had to shut down our school system last year for over a week because of an outbreak of swine flu AND german measles. Swine flu is understandable, it was a mutation of the flu virus that appeared unexpectantly, but the measles were the same strain they have been vaccnating against for almost 50 years. The only students to come down with it were ones that had not been vaccinated.

@jenellemarie - from what I've found online, the vaccine is safe for your unborn child because it does not pass straight through to the baby, instead it is processed and passed along through your own immune system. This is why it's safe for a pregnant mother, but not an infant.
    tayanna2

Answer by tayanna2 at 1:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Nope I will not get the flu shot
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Nope for me also.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 12:15 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no. I have gotten the flu shot in the past and I got the flu when I did.
    KaraMia15

Answer by KaraMia15 at 10:33 PM on Oct. 2, 2010