Childhood Astma does It really go away?

My son from birth till 3 years ago had BAD astma then out of the blue it seemed to go away when we moved out of the state we lived in were now back in the same state only 4 hours north of where we were before and he seems to be getting sick again more often and more chest colds?

Momof2Stepof3

Asked by Momof2Stepof3 at 7:14 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Health

Level 1 (-4 Credits)
  • It could be allergies to a plant. Or maybe pollution.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Pollution is lower here then where we started out at. Maybe there is some thing in the air.
    Momof2Stepof3

Answer by Momof2Stepof3 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I had/have asthma, but after having my kids I haven't need an inhaler. I haven't used one in about 9 years now.
    Jenniy

Answer by Jenniy at 8:29 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Asthma can be started by many things allergies, pollution, certain foods, animals, dust! I have asthma personally so I know lol! Sometimes even certain smells will trigger it. It also can be mold...I have air purifiers in my house! It helps alot! Also having a clean house will help also! Certain states have things that can trigger asthma than in other states like texas or arizona! Also when I get a cold my asthma gets worse! So, it just depends on your child and what effects him.
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• To answer your question...sometimes it does go away and sometimes you have it all your life!
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My son has asthma, and my grandmother had it, and so does my sons grandmother (on the other side of the family) He is six months old, and is on a nebulizer three times a day... Hope his goes away. I think he had his first actual attack tonight...he stopped breathing regularly, and then just started screaming.
    Mummyofone

Answer by Mummyofone at 3:00 AM on Oct. 27, 2008