i have a one year old and a two year old who are picy eaters help

my two year old refuseds to eat meat or anything healthy but he loves hamburgers. and my one year old wont eat anything he is so picky he likes oat meal and fries chicken nuggets but not much else any idea im going grocery shopping in morning need ideas

faith86

Asked by faith86 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try putting their food in designs....my friend had to do this with her son when he wouldnt eat much
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:09 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would try adding some veggies ground up to the hamburger meat, and maybe try using ground turkey or chicken instead of ground beef, or even mixing some ground turkey or chicken with the beef, to slowly get him used to the other tastes.

To be honest, I would just pick healthy child friendly foods, if they don't eat them put them in the fridge, and not let them have anything else until they at least try each item. If you can get them to try other foods, eventually their tastes will expand, and they will eat new things. They're kind of young, but if they can help make the food, they may be more likely to eat it as well. I'd serve them a kid friendly protein, vegetable, grain and fruit at each meal, in very small servings, they can only have more of the chicken nugget or foods they like if they at leas try the other foods served.

Good Luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am where you are right now with my kid. She loves fish rice, and chicken, The best thing to do is to keep introducing the food to him. They will grow out of it, EVENTUALLY!!! Also, I give my lil girl smoothies to help make up for the fruits and veggies she doesn get. Danmino/Dananimals are great!
    KamiMom1

Answer by KamiMom1 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• we were actually getting a therapist in our house to help with feeding b/c my son ended up in the hospital at 15 months b/c he wouldn't eat anything. we have seen many strategies for feeding. some of them include: make eating fun and relaxing, serve everything family style and let them scoop out their own servings, make sure to always provide a preferred food and a non-preferred food at each meal, work with one food at a time (if you are introducing noodles, give them for dinner every night until they finally try them), start out just praising them for touching the food, then kissing the food, then smelling the food, then licking the food, then putting the food in their mouth and spitting it out, then for taking just one small bite of the food. Also, you could provide a reward for each bite. Just never yell or make eating stressful. Let them play with their food. HTH!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2010