• In the Spotlight:

how can i get a 3yr old from going to school or taking any classes without experiancing bad separation anxiety

my 3yr old had been fine taking classes of any kind with me in the room next door but, now she is stuck like glue to me and stop speaking to everybody there

gianna530

Asked by gianna530 at 1:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in

• Well, you could go back in time and stop whatever happened that traumatized her from happening...

It is uncommon for children to separate easily from their parents before they're 4 or so... even if there have been times when it hasn't seemed to you to be an issue. Some kids display their stress (tantrums, crying, clinging) while other kids do not --when their parents are not around, they all have the same elevated levels of stress hormones, whatever they may appear to be feeling.

She's not safe there without someone she knows and trusts. She knows that, which is why she indicates to you that she needs you there. You will not convince her that she doesn't need you, although you might succeed in convincing her that you're not reliable for that.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If she was fine at first now she's wants to be with you. Something happen... who was the first person that she stopped speaking too? That should be the person you ask what happen. I can see if she didn't want you out of her sight the first couple of time. But that's not the case. Have you asked her why she doesn't want to go next door anymore? You'll be surpised what she might tell you. If all else fells try using a walkie talkie. See if that works,hearing your voice might calm her down. Good Luck!!!
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 3:53 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• now u see i would of the the same exact thing if she was ever left alone but she wasnt she goes everywhere with me and i am there with her . th only thing i can think of is the number of new kids and their parents. thank you very much
    gianna530

Comment by gianna530 (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2010