purse brand recomends?

Okay after 3 kids, diaper bags, and assorted cheep purses I think it's time to treat myself to a decent purse. One that I can take w/ me when I get out of the house w/out the kids. I want a step up from what I have gotten from Target and Kohls etc in the past. Any good brand names or stores you would recomend

Lynette

Asked by Lynette at 1:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I am not sure about brands that would work for you, because that's a personal decision. I would, however, recommend you try Marshalls or TJ Maxx though. They have tons of great styles of bags and I am sure you can find something you like there. Did I mention they are cheap too?? LOL!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• my mom loves her Vera Bradley, she even gave me a vera bradley diaper bag w/ my last child. I thought about looking into them. And then today when I walked through Macy's I saw some Nine West bags that were pretty. Any feelings on those 2 brands?
    Lynette

Comment by Lynette (original poster) at 1:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think I saw some nine west ones at Marshalls last time I was in there. Deff a brand u would have to find on a good sale to buy
    Lynette

Comment by Lynette (original poster) at 1:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Nine West is actually one of my favorites and not all that expensive. Look at the outlet section of their website and you can find some killer deals. Dooney & Bourke has some excellent purses as well, but definitely pricey. Nine West also has another brand called Nine & Co. that you can find a lot cheaper, they have them at Meijer, Kohl's, military exchanges, and Sears. They are basically the same as Nine West, just less expensive.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would recommend Coach because they never fall apart and last forever. You can buy them on Ebay or a Coach outlet store so you don't have to pay full retail if you can't afford too.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• OK purses and shoes are the 2 things I cannot help but indulge in =) so as for a brand- go with Coach or D&B (other nicer brands like LV, Marc Jacobs (my fave!), Chanel are pricey)... coach and D&B last forever and always looks good with everything. Coach actually has lifetime warranty for any rips, tears, defects =)
    pamjp

Answer by pamjp at 4:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My all time favorites are Coach, Burberry, La Tour Eiffel, and Beijo. Classic, will last, and stay in style forever!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My two favs are Vera Bradley and Coach. We have a Coach outlet near us and I got one there last year and it still looks brand new! Vera Bradleys are so much fun, but let me suggest ordering off of the sale section on their website. They put the patterns that are "retiring" on there and it is much cheaper. Vera's won't hold up as well though. They wash well, but I find that after a few washes they just don't look as nice. Plus, I sometimes get tired of the pattern.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 8:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Kate Spade ,Coach,Kooba, as a PP said Tj Maxx and Marshalls have a great selection also Nordstrom online has great sales.Happy purse shopping. =)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i can't help myself - i'm a dyed-in-the-wool Atienne Aigner and Liz Claiborne gal - also like Stone Mountain, Vera Bradley and Coach - but if i had to choose a favorite, it would be the Aigner - i've been wearing them since i was 18 - it's just a habit, i guess!! but i think i misspelled it - yikes!!!! my favorite perfume and signature perfume - which i have also been wearing since 18 is shalimar by guerlain!!
    just thought i'd throw that in - since i brought 18 up - lol
    kaysimon132461

Answer by kaysimon132461 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2010