does anyone know how to train yourself to be a clean freak????

i am not very good at the cleaning thing and i need some hints or ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Home & Garden

• I'll be honest, I suck at it.....any suggestons I would love to hear them too...!!
    TMC706

Answer by TMC706 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My family says I have my grandmother's attitude toward housecleaning. If you came to my home to see me, just shove that stuff off the chair and have a seat. If you came to see my house, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord slit ya. My house gets cluttered all the time and when I can't stand it anymore I make like the tornado in the Wizard of Oz.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 8:18 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• try the flylady's system. It's a great way to start getting organized without it being overwhelming.

http://www.flylady.net/

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• it took me quite some time to learn to be organized.. i wanted to be! it seems you want to be, so i think that's a start! i started out setting aside a few minutes each day, sometimes twice a day to tackle a few things, and once a week to do more indepth things, like setting up a filing system, going thru a closet, etc. i do believe that everything has a place and everything in its place. if you get something out, put it up! also, controlling clutter, if you bring new stuff in the home, get rid of some old stuff. then cleaning is so much easier, you don't spend all the time picking up first!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 9:43 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My rule of thumb is "All hands in, all hands out" Never travel from one room to the next without putting something in its place on the way. I also had to wrap my mind around the idea that if I wake up and get it over with, then I can relax for the rest of the day
    bvona

Answer by bvona at 8:27 AM on Oct. 24, 2008

• start cleaning other peoples houses, thats what I did and for some odd reason I find myself being a freak in my own home now. Its actually clean all the time. Amazing. I have this unusual need to clean now. Oh well my husband likes it.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• You know what I do? I get online or on texting with my friend and send her a picture of my most disaster room, then I go clean it really fast and show her the "after picture." It helps because it's like I'm not doing it alone. Also it's nice to have a cheering section! HA HA If you want to be text or email cleaning partners with me - hit me up! LOL :) cammyhell@comcast.net
    cammyhell

Answer by cammyhell at 4:58 PM on Oct. 24, 2008

• For some reason whenever I watch clean house on the style network it motivates me to clean
    maddie.star

Answer by maddie.star at 12:20 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• Yeah, marry a man that's a clean freak. After awhile you'll get tired of hearing him bitch and you'll start to clean by yourself. LOL that's what I did.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 4:12 AM on Oct. 25, 2008

• I used the flylady system. www.flylady.net
    My3RaysofSun

Answer by My3RaysofSun at 3:59 PM on Oct. 27, 2008