What do I feed my baby who has a cold?

She's almost ten months and has a decent amount of teeth. Her main diet is baby foods although she'll eat some table food but nothing that I grind/puree myself. I do breastfeed but hardly. I'm pregnant again and it's really made my supply disappear. However that could also be that she just doesn't act that interested in nursing and seems to almost like bottles better so she can look around. I can't pump practically anything any more and she WILL NOT take formula. I did recently discover that she'll take powdered goats milk and I've also been adding a pinch of formula to it for extra vitamins and stuff when she lets me get away with it. At any rate now that she's sick I'd like to up the nursing but not only will she not have it, I'm sick too and my milk is really disappearing now.

Shary14

Asked by Shary14 at 7:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they have a formula that is made for babies 9months and up, try that its alittle more milk based. As for her being sick and not interested in eating give her time she will eat when shes hungry trust me. As for breastfeeding her you might as well call it quits sounds like your drying up quick. when she hits more like 11months closer to a year you can try regular milk. Ask your doctor about trying milk now some doctors will allow it.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• You mentioned nursing so if you are still lactating get her your milk anyway you can wether through nursing, bottles, mixing cereal with it, or a sippy cup. She needs those extra immunities to help fight off this cold.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 7:47 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• nurse nurse nurse, put BM up her nose to clear up stuffy noses too. She needs formula or BM as her main source of nutrition, goats milk even with a bit of formula in it is NOT enough and neither is solids....
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 23, 2008