Wondering If Anyones Baby Had A Hernia In The Belly Button?

joanna13

Asked by joanna13 at 1:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• yes my daughter got 2 and had to have surgery twice...she was born with pylo and went into her 1st surgery at 1month then got the hernia at 3 and 6months...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• so it's something i should be worried about? i've been doing alot of travelling and we are going to miss out 6 weeks check up, should i take her to a d.r where we are at?
    joanna13

Comment by joanna13 (original poster) at 1:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son did when he was first born, but it healed on it's own by the time he was like 6 months old.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• well my daughter got it after she had open surgery due that she was born sick with pyloric stenosis...and the doctor felt the need to for the hernia as well...if your son has is take him to the doctor its better that they see whats up and you not regret it later...if i was you i would take him monday just in case...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes, my daughter did. My doctor told me it was fine as long as it didn't change in size, shape or color instantly and wasn't bleeding or oozing. I just kept it clean with alcohol wipes and dry. She now has an outie belly button but it's cute. :)
    Arielles_Mommy

Answer by Arielles_Mommy at 2:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• my dd had one..i really didnt notice it until she came home from the hospital..then it was really bad the ped said to watch if for a month or so and see if it started to get better and it did..now its perfectly normal
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My third child had one. It was really big but they told me it was normal for most babies to have it but it would go away. Now she has a cute little belly button!
    MRS.MOMMYHAVARD

Answer by MRS.MOMMYHAVARD at 2:02 AM on Nov. 14, 2010