Pyloric Stenosis

anyone had a child born with this??? my daughter was born with pyloric stenosis and had to get her 1st surgery at 1 month old...now she is 6yrs old and perfect...she has the scar and when she looks at it or anyone ask her she says "i was born sick, but the doctor fix me" ...it brakes my heart every time i hear her say that...

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 2:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had it as a newborn too... growing up people always asked about the scar... honestly, I'm proud of my scar :)
    Don't feel bad for her... feel proud of what she went through at such a young age... teach her to be proud.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 8:41 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I just helped with a foster baby who had surgery two months ago for PS. Interesting that your daughter had it, I read it was most common in first born males. I am happy to hear her recovery was complete, I wondered how this baby would do later in life.
    blessedwithree

Answer by blessedwithree at 2:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My nephew had it and had surgery and never had any other problems. Like blessedwiththree said it is most common on boys.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• yeah i know it is crazy omg my world came to an end when i heard the doctor say that my then newborn had to get surgery if not she was not gonna make it...
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 2:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2010