Do you separate your laundry, or wash everything together?

I never knew anyone who put everything together until recently. I mean, I've heard of younger guys (like frat boys) doing it, but never anyone else. But one of my friends was telling me the other day that his mom has always washed everything together, including towels. I don't know about anyone else, but if I wash my towels with other things, they get fuzzy.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 2:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I use to separate JUST based on colors buuuttt... after a GE tech came to fix my washer, i was told that the type of fabric matters (towels, jeans, cottons etc.) So now I wash white cottons, light colored cottons, dark cottons, towels, white/light towels, and jeans... it works better (the loads are smaller- less water is used even). I also found that my daughters' clothes stay pink and pretty longer =)
    pamjp

Answer by pamjp at 4:30 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i seperate mines...dark...light..and whites...
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I separate mine by colors too. and i can't stand putting my jeans in with other clothes, no matter how many times they've been washed it seems like they make the other clothes dingy looking.
    young-not-dumb

Answer by young-not-dumb at 2:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• laundry with me is a process i not only separate by color bit jeans go with jeans the kids things to together my things separate and my husband things separate...my husband HATES doing the was cuz according to him i got major OCT issues and need help...lol
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 2:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I was everything together. No problems ever. Exception is my husband's uniforms. I don't want to risk a crayon or something in the dryer melting all over his uniform.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I seperate all of my clothes I'm with you towels leave fuzz on stuff and they can be washed together and still have fuzz on them
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• it depends, most of the time i have to so i can get a full load. my washers stuck on full load so thats what i have to use.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 2:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I used to seperate everything, but now I usually wash whites with colors and so on I haven't noticed a difference. I have a hard time filling a laundry basket up just to have enough for one load of darks (must be the ocd) :)However, I have never mixed towels with clothes. Only because I wash my towels in hot water and clothes in cold.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have every one dump all the dirty everything into one hamper in the hall closet. Once or twice a day I dump that hamper into the washer. All together. Towels, whites, darks 'n all. The only thing I'll separate is an item that I know will bleed like my red table cloth.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I separate for the most part. I will put towels in with any load. One time I was visiting my Grandma and she told me to make sure to separate the clothes and I didn't listen. Her beautiful light pink towel no longer matched the others D: Now I always separate and our towels are not a color that would be harmed by other colors.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:22 AM on Oct. 2, 2010