HPV

So I have some questions about HPV. My room mate has told me that she has HPV and cervical cancer since the day she has moved in. I find it hard to believe because she has never been to a doctor. I know this for a fact. But she keeps telling everyone she is dying from cancer and HPV. So I wanted to know about it. She had a baby 10 months ago and she has breastfed him up until like 2 months ago. I am just tired of hearing about her dying when ever we talk to her about being disrespectful to my house. (long story) And its her way to get everyone to feel bad for her. I just want to know what she is saying is true or if she is full of shit.

kbond21

Asked by kbond21 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• HPV is genital warts. It can cause cervical cancer but doesn't necessarily ever get to that point. Nobody in the United States should ever die from cervical cancer. If she already knows she has genital warts than she knows she needs to get to her yearly appt. HPV is easily controlled. I'm surprised she is telling everyone she has genital warts, which is an STD.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Thats what I thought. But she hasnt even seen a doctor nor does she intend on seeing a doctor because she is deathly scared of what the doctor is going to say.
    kbond21

Comment by kbond21 (original poster) at 2:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• a mother who is infected with the HPV virus can infect her newborn baby during the delivery. ask her if her baby has it...even if she is scared of what the doc might tell her, she should still get her baby checked out
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• She is not willing to talk about it. I have asked her but she always tells me that thats none of my business.
    kbond21

Comment by kbond21 (original poster) at 2:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2010