Anyone bored in their marriage?

Everyday the same thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• Wow. No.

Today, my husband left a south american country. He'll be home in 3 weeks. He's been gone since the second week of August. We stay in touch by email.

In some ways, it's nice having a job that takes him away, because then he gets to come home. It's still thrilling (25th anniversary this year) to be exciting for him coming home, and hot and steamy when he gets here.

Because I have spent a fair amount of time intentionally thinking of what I love about him, what I appreciate (and what I am grateful he doesn't do), I often find myself looking across the room at him and being overwhelmed with delight that I've had so much time with him. I am saddened knowing about all the time he's spent away from me, and that there is no way to get those moments (weeks, months) back to spend over again, this time with him.

It's not bliss and roses (thank god, I don't think I could stand it)... but it's absolutely not boring.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• im bored and im not even married, but i look at it like this... i think about how my life was 2 years ago..then 4 years ago.... and how much everything has changed somethings i miss somethings i dont.. but there is always a change.. so when i get bored i know, there will be a change soon a later there will be.. and im sure 2 years from now ill miss today
    SammiGirl07

Answer by SammiGirl07 at 2:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no..you have to find ways to keep the excitment
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 2:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• no...even though we are together 24 hours a day 7 days a week (we are both stay at home parents/self employed) we are never bored with each other or our children...We seem to find excitement and fun in everything we do including our work...lol
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 4:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• from two people who used to have to be out in the mix all the time and hate routine, we absolutely love it. it's one of the things i have enjoyed most about my marriage. we spend most of our time with each other, especially now that i am unemployed and he is self employed. sometimes he gets on my nerves, and sometimes we get bored, but not because of each other... find ways to enjoy the everyday things. if you sit down and figure out what it is that makes you happy it's not likely large events that happen once a year but alot of little things like reading a good book, cooking out in the back yard, having sex three times in one day - everyone's different as to what those little things are but they are there. marriage in the long run isn't about constant whirlwind dates and fantasy it's about real life with one person. live it with as much love as possible.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 6:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Most days yes I am bored with my marriage
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• People that are bored in their marriage are also bored in other aspects of their lives. Boring people get bored.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am starting to get that way in my realtionship
    patsymay84

Answer by patsymay84 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• sometimes, but when i get feeling like that, i think of something interesting or romantic to do, and we get happy again,,, i have been in your shoes many times before... chin up girl,,, if you want it to work, you wouldnt be bored...good luck
    tjnorton

Answer by tjnorton at 1:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Nope.

Married 25 years and never a boring day... Never the same ol' same ol'.

Each day is what we choose to make it. My hsuband and I choose to make everyday a great day. We make our days as fun, loving, lively, romantic, stimulating, etc etc as we want. We make the choice to actively put in what it takes to make great days together. :-)

(unless of course circumstances beyond our control pops up and interferes.. lol.. Life has a tendency to do that at times.. lol)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:44 PM on Oct. 2, 2010