is it really october finally???

September seemed to drag on and on and on and on (well you get the point).

10 1/2 more weeks and I can bring this little bundle out into the world (okay so not exactly, lol, but I'm not a patient person, and neither is my daughter (2 1/2)).

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 3:08 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow, there are some ladies really waxing philosophical this morning, lol.

OP, I'm with you--I'm thrilled October is finally here! I NEVER wish my time away, but we had a looooong, record-breaking hot summer here in Georgia, and we seem to have finally broken into some cooler weather with the onset of October. I know time seems to drag when you're looking forward to something as exciting as another baby, so just hang in there--you'll be there before you know it. In the meantime, enjoy yourself and the beautiful autumn you are hopefully experiencing :).
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• There is nothing like living in the projected future to make today seem to take forever...

Your baby is growing, and that takes time. You don't need to be a patient person to see that if your baby was born today you would have a whole new set of exciting problems (does your insurance cover 6 million dollar stays in NICU? wouldn't it be fun to find out?)

If you could jump ahead 10.5 weeks, would you? Would you give up nearly 3 months of your life, to be there now? Because that's what you're doing, really, when you spend mental energy trying to 'live then' (in the past or the future) instead of right now.

Jump ahead 50 years -to when your great grandchild says 'what was it like to be carrying a baby?' and your only answer is 'I don't know, I spent the whole time trying to be somewhere else, mentally in some other time, so I didn't experience it while it was happening.'

Today may turn out to be your life. Will you live it?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Actually today is October first. Fall started on the 25th. The leaves have already turned fire red, bright orange, and sunny yellow. Since we're having an Indian Summer, we get an extra six weeks of warm weather here in the mountains. We can always tell because the deer and bucks come down to eat the granny apples off the trees. Its also when all the Harvest and Halloween decorations start sprouting up around town. There are punkins to be carved, and scarecrows to be made. Lets not forget the cornstalk mazes for the childen and adult fun. Plus, carmel apples on a stick have been an old time favorite for October. There's a crispness in the air because the southwestern wind are blowing through town sweeping up the streets. Children are finally back at school and moms have at least three hours to themselves. Its also the time to start the sweep out the fireplace for those evening we sit and drink coco, sharing about our day..
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 3:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Linda Clemet. Great answer. I didn't even look at it from the aspect of where she was emotionally. I thought she was excited about it being October, which is why I went into such detail about October. Oh, how silly am I!!! You are right. So many young mothers are having premature babies because they don't have the patience to wait it out. Hence forth, many of them spend a lot of time in Dr. offices for breathing problems because their lungs wheren't ready or they are just sickly. It lands up costing them a whole lot more then just three uncomfortable months. With many nights in the hospital, bills, med (which are so expensive) nights awake trying to bring down the fever or clean up vomit...Yea, thats a better way to go, huh? Maybe you should find some activities you can do while you wait. join a mommy's to be group or create one. Get on line and join one. compare notes and encourage each other through the ruff times, like now
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Both of you ladies gave great answers
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• linda: It's not just the baby, I'm looking forward to October as well, and enjoying the fall, the leaves, halloween activities, etc. I guess it's because it was such a busy summer and then september hit and there wasn't a lot to do around here at all, so it seemed to drag on with a lot of pretty mindless boring days. I guess I'm more complaining about how much a drag September was. lol. It rained almost every day making any outdoors activities few and far between, and there isn't a lot of indoor things to do in my area at this time of year right now. Everything is either starting up this month, or closed up at the beginning of last month.
    xxhazeldovexx

Comment by xxhazeldovexx (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Oct. 2, 2010