You named them what?

As young parents we get creative. Wanting our child to be the first to have an original name! Something we think no one has ever heard. I remember we were going to name our first daughter JoCheyl for John and Cheryl. I'm thankful we didn't. My husband was told to go outside and yell it out. If no one threw tomatoes, it was safe to name the child. On the other hand, children love to tease. Like with my husband, "Every house has a John? or You can always find a john on a street corner. Terrible! When he would cry, his father put him in his sister's dress and called his friends out to play with joellen. Terrible! Do you now some outlandish names or unique / original ones?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Baby Names

• Best 'dumb parents' ever: I knew a child named Colonica.

I am not kidding.

I never had the nerve to ask if they thought of looking it up in a dictionary after making it up, or if they knew it meant 'the lower part of the digestive tract, the part right before the end... um'

Sounds like a great name for an enema, to me... maybe one sold specifically to women?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think the most unusual first name I have heard in real life was Aphrodite

Chniamli

Answer by Chniamli at 6:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I know someone whose name is Taylor Taylor... Yes Taylor is his both first and last name.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 7:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I heard of a woman that was in the news cause she got her kids taken away for naming her DD Adolf hitler!!
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 8:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I know people who have a girl named Taylor and a boy named Tylor, NOT CUTE.
    There is a girl I know who's middle name is Tiger Lilly.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My best friend has cousins named Tripp and Tagg, LOL. I'm not EVEN joking.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• A girl I grew up with named her daughter Jazmin... Nobody will ever pronounce that poor girl's name correctly.
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 12:29 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My husband's friend has a sister named "Mim-nick". (not sure if there's a dash in because I've never seen it written down) The rest have normal names..Tony, Micheal & Kimberly. I asked him where his mom came up with that. He said "I dont know. She made it up" Obviously!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't know them, but my husband went to school with a guy named Shi'Thead (pronounced shy-theed) and when he worked in the E.R., he met a girl named Ashynasty (pronounced uh-shy-nuh-stee).
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Jazmin- it's more the spelling that is unique, but anyone that's seen Aladdin can figure it out. (and yes I knew a lot of girls that wanted to name their kids that when they grew up after that movie first came out.
    Aphrodite- is a Goddess name (I think Greek), not that unique really, just not HUGE around here.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 8:30 PM on Oct. 2, 2010