What's in a cliches?

Surely we have heard of one cliche in our lifetime. Question is, what is one that has stuck with you or even inspired you? or made you laugh? Like... you reap what you sow... Which had diffently played an important roll in my life. If I gossiped, someone did it to me. If I helped someone, when the time came someone help me when I was in need.

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Just for Fun

• "Live well, Laugh often, Love much"
    A quote I often see & hear but is near & dear to my heart for the simple fact that it is so true & needs to be applied to my everyday life more than often!
    love2love1013

Answer by love2love1013 at 3:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

I use this everytime I want to wish the day away.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• "What goes around comes around". I love this one. It's kind of like the reap-sow one you mentioned.
    "It's easier to catch flies with honey than vinegar". A little crude, but I think it's true that being nice usually produces better results when you're trying to get something done.
    "What's good for the goose is good for the gander".
    "You lie down with dogs, you get fleas". Reminds us to keep good company :)
    "Temptation usually comes in through a door that was deliberately left open".
    "Hoe your own row".
    "You can't have your cake and eat it too".
    "The grass may be greener on the other side, but you still have to mow it."
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Okay, Im not sure if this is a popular one, but my mother said it to me.... and I can remember it to this day. "a woman has sex with one man in highschool, she is labled a whore, a man has sex with ten girls in highschool, hes labled a hero".....
    icn_mom

Answer by icn_mom at 7:06 PM on Oct. 2, 2010