the soonest

what is soonest you can find out the sex of the baby??

wiggsbabe

Asked by wiggsbabe at 3:39 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• As long as you don't mind the extremely high risks associated with it, within days of conception. The risk of miscarriage goes up very quickly, the earlier invasive test procedures are done --and there are no non-invasive procedures that can accurately test the gender of a baby.

Why would you care?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:52 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I believe the fourth month. But they always say the longer you can go the better chance of knowing because the baby will be bigger and more defined (if your finding out through ultrasound). I've had 3 and am on my 4th pregnancy now, and I find that going for an ultrasound in your 5th month is the best time and way to find out. I would never do an invasive procedure to find out before then, I believe they test the dna or blood that way, but its far far to dangerous.
    Britt_MomOf4

Answer by Britt_MomOf4 at 4:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 15 weeks for me but that was by chance i had an ultrasound bc high risk pregnancy and we saw it
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:19 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Around 15 weeks the gender parts are forming on the fetus but sometimes at that time its really hard to tell. Most of the time i think u find out around 18-22 weeks when the doctor does ur profile ultrasound of ur baby
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 10:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• They can tell at 16 wks. I had one done also then b/c of high risk. I've actually had many done since then. But normally I think it is 20-24 wks.
    horsesteelers

Answer by horsesteelers at 11:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The earliest I found out was 16.5wks but they wasn't for sure. They said it can change and it had happened before. At 19wks I got my confirmation. They usually like doing them between 18-22wks depending on your ob or midwife.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:39 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 16-20 weeks but most find out around 20 weeks.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 3:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I found out at 13 weeks
    lazo060109

Answer by lazo060109 at 6:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The genitals are fully formed by eight weeks, but baby is way too small to see them at that point. Most OB will do an ultrasound by 20 weeks. Amniocentesis can tell you sooner, but it is a risky procedure. I would say twelve weeks, if baby is cooperative, at the earliest.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• i was four months when i found out to be absolutely sure though i would rather wait til about 5 or 6 months cause sometimes they have a hard time telling the sex so early
    Monique78

Answer by Monique78 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 3, 2010