I really need to vent....Am I wrong?

k, So my DH and I got a room mate to help out with rent and ect. Well when they first moved in about 2 months ago, she was this really clean person...Now she treats my house like shit. There are holes in my walls from her and her BD fighting and throwing her into the walls, stains all over the freshly steam cleaned carpet because she gets drunk and spills shit all over the floor but doesnt clean it up, she takes a shower maybe once a month, she doesnt do her own dishes, she hasnt done her own laundry in over a month and she lets it pile up in the garage, her baby which is 10 months is strictly FF, no baby food, ceral or anything, not even solids yet, my house smells like body odor, which makes me feel really sick, Oh they broke 2 of my crystal wine glasses that we got as wedding gifts, broke one of our chairs that go to a solid cherry oak table and its so busted it cant be fixed, ummm broken plates, and bowls because when her

kbond21

Asked by kbond21 at 3:42 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• and her BD fight thats what gets thrown first, broken doors because they slam it everytime they go in and out, broken fence because her BD got mad and took a golf club to our fence, BUT this is what just topped it for us....So my DH and I have 2 cats. The landlord said it was fine and gave us permission and we paid a pet deposit. So we took our cats to get tested and treated and all their shots and flea meds and everything, because I didnt want to risk getting an infection or something from a cat or anything. Well for the past couple weeks they have let people stay here, without asking us, (I think thats very disrespectful because they ,ake us ask when we have people over) Well this guy had a dog and he has let it run sack our house and tear shit up and shit on my floors and pee everywhere, Well I told them that that dog cant stay here no more and they got all pissed off threw a fit and said they were calling the landlord beca
    kbond21

Comment by kbond21 (original poster) at 3:43 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well when I came back the cat was still in my house and her baby daddy was picking fleas off and letting them go in my living room. I am allergic to fleas and I told him that and he was like so we are trying to be nice people and give this cat a good home and all this blah blah blah. Well whatever we just let it go whatever. Well this morning when we woke up there was shit and cat piss everywhere! I was so mad!!! My house stunk even more and I thought I was going to puke everywhere. Well she went to school and her baby daddy was like I am not touching that. So my DH did it. Not very happy but he did it because he didnt want me to get sick. Well we let the cat go when they were both gone because I couldnt do it. When she came home she freaked out on me....WAS I WRONG?

p.s. Sorry its so long, It has been bothering me all day and now she is threatening to let my cats go. Sorry for the language and misspelling.
    kbond21

• Give her 30 days to get the hell out or better yet look into the eviction laws and start the eviction process... get rid of her ass before you and your husband have even more damage to pay for.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• 30 days? No way. There is not tenant protection for roommates, only for people with completely separate suites. I'd lock her out tomorrow and empty her crap out onto the lawn. If she bitches, I'd suggest she walk away quietly unless she wants to explain to a judge why she thinks she shouldn't have to pay for the damage.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:55 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• that sucks! my husband and i learned the roommate lesson early.. I was always venting to my friends about the little things and then the little things turned into BIG things. our last roommate experience ended badly. depending on the state you live in there may be squatter laws. this was the issue i had with my last roommate. since she had her belongings IN my house, she was protected by the law. I couldnt throw her stuff on the lawn and change the locks like i wanted. we had to have the cops intervene and force her to just leave on her own.. good luck but definitely speak with your landlord about the situation and you options =)
    pamjp

Answer by pamjp at 4:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Depending on where you live, there are laws. You are taking money from her. You very likely will have to go through the eviction process. Check out the laws in your state.
    I would tell her it is not working out and ask her to leave. If you are lucky she will agree and move on.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:26 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I would deffinatly be evicting her, that is completely unneccesary, and to im sort of battling my own cat problem at the moment, so I really can't blame you for letting the cat out. If she wanted the cat so badly in the first place she should have been taking resposability for it to begin with. But overall I believe the only solution to the problem is to tell her its not working out and she has 30 days to move out. If she refuses go down to your local courthouse and begin eviction proceedings, because that is crazy that she is treating your belongings and property like that.
    P.S.
    If you don't own the house and are renting from a landlord, I would contact them immediatly and ask to have her removed. If you explain why im sure they will completely agree.
    Britt_MomOf4

Answer by Britt_MomOf4 at 4:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• id tell her to get out a.s.a.p. you and the rest of your family def does not need that. i wouldn't deal with that at all. you let her come and live at your house and she should respect that, not treat your house like garbage. you can always find someone to take her place and will respect your house and take and help with everythin
    Erin198623

Answer by Erin198623 at 5:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• check your local laws, but as quick as you can demand she leaves, make her leave!
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 5:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• If they are not on any lease. I would give them notice(30 days) to move. if they are not out in 30 days. Pack their stuff and put it out and if you have to call the police.

Answer by louise2 at 7:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010