Cancer while pregnant

Has anyone else ever been diagnosed with cancer or had a cancer scare while pregnant? If so how were you able to handle it with out loosing your mind? They have found a lump in my left breast, and consider me symptomatic, It's is slowly driving me insane knowing its there. I unfortunatly can not afford the treatment need to take care of the problem, so im pretty much stuck just praying the symptoms will go away and me and my baby will be fine.

Britt_MomOf4

Asked by Britt_MomOf4 at 4:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• I'm really sorry it a lot to deal with. There has to be a support group through the hospital that can benefit you. Also talk to the financial office at the hospital about getting you treatment through government agency. Don't just accept that you can't pay for it, there can be a lot of help out there. Please find someone to help you near where you live.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I've known this to happen to two mommies. Both had their babies at 31 weeks, and both babies are just fine now. However, in all honesty, one of the moms didn't make it and passed away the week her daughter was due to be born. Her cancer was not the initial diagnosis, though... she'd been in remission and gotten pregnant and then found cancer again.

I agree with RyansMom001. There are resources. Don't give up!
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Thank you both for your support and advice, Im deffinatly fighting still, and trying not to give up. Im hoping soon the cancer society, breast health fund, or my local hospitals breast health program will get back to me soon, however I've been fighting them for 6 months, but the fight is not over yet, it just feels very hopeless at times.
    Britt_MomOf4

Comment by Britt_MomOf4 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on Oct. 2, 2010