Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

is the a group for losing a parent to your child

i lost my sons father a year ago this past monday to there a group that other moms that are in the same place that im in???

Answer Question

Asked by Erin198623 at 4:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in About CafeMom

Level 3 (25 Credits)
Answers (9)
  • I do not know if there is a group. I am so sorry for your sons loss. A child should not have to grow up without a parent. I am happy he has you.
    You might contact your local Hospice, they deal with this and they might know of a group. Also there is a camp for children that have lost their parent. I think it is called Comfort Zone. It is free and it starts at 7.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 5:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • thank you so much. my never met his father so right now he doesn't even know about him. but i myself iam having a hard time with all of this.....because just as everythyin was starting to go in the right direction for him to be in my sons life is when he over dozed and died. and i don't know how i would explain any of this to my son in the next year or so when he starts asking about him. but thank you i will def look at hospice.

    Comment by Erin198623 (original poster) at 5:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • He does not need to know how his daddy died in the next year. Do you believe in God and heaven. I do not know how much I believe right now but we tell my granddaughter that her mommy is in heaven with God. She talks about her mommy at God's house. You are having trouble sleeping. How long ago did he die? Drug addiction is a horrible disease, hopefully there will be better help for those suffering and for their families.
    What is most important is that you assure your son that he is loved and is safe.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 5:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • I am sorry for your loss.

    here is a place to try

    I miss...... (a place to express grief)


    Answer by Liansmommie at 5:51 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • I am so sorry for your loss. There are several places you could call and ask about grieving groups. You can ask at the local hospital, a local church, and even at a funeral home. They refer people to groups for help all the time. Just call and ask for ideas. Best wishes to you.

    Answer by elizabr at 9:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • Sory to hear this and I will be praying for you. It seems to me like you are more bothered by this than your son. Just keep your head up and things will get better. I lost my mother and step father to drug use. I almost died my self from not having them. It takes time and prayer for some thing like this. You can hit me up on face book

    Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • I'm sorry for your loss

    Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • I'm sorry for your loss do a search for losing a love one. you may see a few..

    Answer by MTM at 2:28 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

  • I'm sorry to here about your loss. But if there is'nt group maybe you could start one. Or search online for another support group.

    Answer by Betutah at 5:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.