What do you think of Obama's new healthcare plan?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 5:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• bad

nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• New? Oh no, there's another one?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think mandating citizens to purchase a third party product is unconstitutional.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:22 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I voted you UP Rnurse. Thank you for the information. It sounds really good to me!

***
    Wait....you are retired, collecting social security and have Tricare for life!! WHY would you even care about what the rest of us are facing?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I hate it, it makes no sense, no one can read the bill and see how it really works, it will cost billions of dollars and they will have to raise taxes to pay for it. I hope the Republicans repeal it when they take over the Congress. The govt has never been able to make anything work effectively or be cost efficient, why would health care be any different? No more Obama care. There are other ways to reform the health care system and socialism is not one of them.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 3:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It's ridiculous. Yeah we have to insure children now (us meaning the insurance company because i work there and this is my job to issue these individual plans) that is if they apply with their parents...no more child only policies. Gotta love how we work around that one. But if you actually saw the premium increase we apply in some of these states to these children that we would normally decline you would be appauled.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 4:32 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm worried about how it will be paid for. If Health care can be completely funded why can't Social Security?

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:29 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think it sucks simply because he is funding it through US taxpayers and also adding on trillions of dollars in debts to
    our children and their children. Everyone deserves health care but not at that expense. I pay my own health care,no one pays it for me.
    guardmp_MOM

Answer by guardmp_MOM at 4:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The new healthcare plan will do much more harm than good. It will cost taxpayers more money for less product and for a less reliable product. It will not provide better care to those it claims it will help because the doctors and nurses needed to provide that level of care simply will not exist. Terminally ill patients will be left to die and chronically ill patients will be left to suffer as medical care is spent on healthier, more viable patients. I've read enough of the plan. This will happen. If you have not read the plan with your own two eye, do not bother contradicting me with whatever you have heard from your favorite talking head. This is the law now. It was voted on by people who did not care enough about their constituents to read the entire bill before voting yes. Our healthcare system needs work. This was not the solution. We were pushed out of the frying pan and into the fire, ladies. It's very, very bad.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• figaro -- I am chronically ill and I am most certainly NOT dying of my illness. My condition is never terminal, though some who have it wish it were. Among other reasons, including my children and parents, I specifically read for what will happen to my care under the new plan. Selfish, I know. Much of the care that I am eligible for now will (not may, will) disappear once the new plan is fully implemented. My care will be deemed unnecessary simply because my condition cannot be cured. All that can be done is to maintain the quality of my life. And that will be ruled expendable when weighed against spending the resources to treat someone who can be fully healed. I took my findings to my doctors, who have been doing their own research, and they agree that this will be the outcome of this plan. The wording is very clear.

Thank you, though, for acknowledging my efforts to search for information. I do appreciate that.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 9:21 PM on Oct. 2, 2010