Did your baby like his/her swing?

My son hated his swing, so I got rid of it. I'm pregnant now and was making a list of things I need and don't know whether to put "swing" on the list! All my son liked was his vibrating bouncy seat! What's the general concensus? Yea or nay on baby swings? Thanks!

winkie_pinkie

Asked by winkie_pinkie at 7:48 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Neither of mine were happy in the swing. My ex SIL kept her kids in the swing all the time though, not sure if that was a good or bad thing...
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 7:49 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My DD loved her swing up until a certain age (couldn't tell you how old though, before 6 months I would say) but all she ever did in it was sleep, so we didn't leave her in it much.
    Cheryn

Answer by Cheryn at 8:01 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Mine never liked the swing, the bouncy seat, or the vibrating bouncy seat.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:17 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My son loved the swing and my daughter hated it. Just depends on the baby I suppose.
    candygirl1030

Answer by candygirl1030 at 8:21 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Mine hated it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Unfortunately every baby is different, no way to know until they get here. My daughter does not like her swing, but I would be lost without her vibrating bouncy seat. I would say borrow a swing from someone if you can, rather than invest the money. Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:23 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• All babies are different. I didn't get a swing because no babies I knew liked them. One night she was crying and I borrowed one from a friend... she was addicted. I still have it.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 8:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• Two of my kids loved the swing and the other two hated it, I would get another one because all kids are different, just make sure you keep the receipt that way if the new baby hates it also you can take it back and get something else.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• My son was fussy and the only thing that made him happy was his swing. We had two and he preferred one over the other. Every baby I know has loved the "cradle" swings but not the "old fashioned" ones. We got the Papason Nature Swing from Wal Mart and that swing was the best thing money could buy.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 8:56 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• mine loved both the swing and the vibrating seat
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:08 PM on Oct. 23, 2008