what age is good for potty training?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 5:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• 18-14 months is peak time, IMO. We used 3daypottytraining.com. Best e-book EVER!!!!

I probably won't remember to come back here, so message me if you want details.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 7:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Oops, 18-24 months. Obviously. :)
    fluud7

• I'm a fan of starting early! You can start at any age really. I started my daughter at 9 months and my boys at about 1 year. I have a 4, 3, almost 2, and almost 1 year old. Only the baby is in diapers! YAY!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• After 3.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 9:48 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My son was potty trained at about 18 months. But, he still had "accidents" in between.
    sher1266

Answer by sher1266 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It depends on the child. I like the idea of having the potty available at around 18 mon. on and offering it, praising when they use it, sit them on it as soon as they wake up etc.
    both of my were pretty much done by two (except for nighttime ... dd is still having issues there but that seems to be a genetic thing)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:46 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Depends on the child. My daughter wasn't really interested, we waited for her to show an interest and be able to clearly articulate when she NEEDED to go... she assosciated the sensation with the pee.
    She was 2 years 3 months, now 4 months on she's have 2 accidents and is dry at night. No tantrums, no fear of the toilet...

Talk to your child a lot earlier than you actually plan to do it, but, don't even try until they can let you know that they need to pee. Unless they can warn you, it's going to be hard for them.
    Set them up for success.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 4:31 PM on Oct. 2, 2010