is it safe to use this about 2 weeks apart? no judgements pls adult content

About two weeks ago DH and I had unprotected sex, so I went and got the morning after pill. Well just not too long ago we had sex again but we used a condum this time, but just my luck it broke!! I'm on the waiting list to get the IUD & I can't take BC pills cuz it made my eyes blurry & the patch irritated my skin. I just got off my period 1-2 days ago. Is it safe to take the morning after pill this close together?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Relationships

• have no idea, but i'll bump ya
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 8:20 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You definitely need to ask a doctor.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• what does the package say about that?
    hopenstuff

Answer by hopenstuff at 8:32 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You can use the morning after pill as often as you need to, but with repeated use it can cause your menstrual cycle to change (heaver/lighter, irregular). Also, it's 89% effective if used correctly (within 72 hours of unprotected sex) which is a lower percentage than other forms of BC, so you can still get pregnant if you've taken it correctly.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I am not sure, but Don't bank on it being 100% affected. I used it within 48hrs and 9months later our son was born.
    Good Luck!!
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 8:49 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm not sure but it sounds like Fist know what she's talking about. (And I mean sounds educated, not like you take it all the time and are a horrible person which is how what I wrote sounds to me if I'm reading it and trying to see how other people will take it.) I was going to suggest asking a doctor or the pharmacist, or to Google it.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'd go with what Fistandantalus said. She's a nurse and knows what she's talking about. She's also super DUPER smart; she helped me out with a tough class a couple of years ago. I'd definitely take her advice.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:20 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'm sure it would be fine, but I would check with your doc. just to be safe. And it would be wise to get on some form of BC because I'm sure at some point, taking the morning after bill frequently becomes unsafe.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010