What is safe for sore throat during pregnancy?

I suffered with a bad sore throat all night last night & still have it this morning. It started last night. It's only a sore throat so far & otherwise I don't feel any other symptoms. And of course, it's Saturday so the doctor's office is closed. So from experience what are safe things to take/do during the first trimester of pregnancy for sore throat?

momoflilangel

Asked by momoflilangel at 8:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I just got over that sore throat...it sucks. You can take Tylenol, which helped me big time. Do not exceed more than 4000 mg a day (most pills are 500mg a piece). You can also use the cepacol throat drops but I could never stand those. Also, salt water gargle. If it lasts for a few more days and you have a fever, it might be strep so plan on going to the doc for antibiotics (which is what I had to do).
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 3:41 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The one thing that helped me most, is Hot tea with honey. I drank a lot of it too.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 8:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Call your local pharamacy they might know something that is safe. I would call your doctor on monday to make sure it isn't strep. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 3:35 PM on Oct. 2, 2010