Eating Habbits

My DS(2 3/4 lol) is horrible at sitting to eat. I either have to sit and read with him or have him watch a show. otherwise he grazes. I feel like these are really bad habbits for the future. Do I not worry about it and hope Preschool will help with this or is there something I should be doing?

coolchic320

Asked by coolchic320 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't let him watch TV while eating. With my son, we found sitting at the table and eating with him was the best way. If too much was going on he'd get distracted. If no one else was there, he felt like he was missing something. At the very least, I always sit with him at the table while he eats.
    armywife1229

Answer by armywife1229 at 8:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• yea..i generally do too but if I do not constantly nag him he won't sit...My DS barey watches tv except then and I know it's a horrible habbit but...
    coolchic320

Comment by coolchic320 (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Well, we found with max, that was the only way he would actually end up eating a "meal" amount... sadly I worry about the habit this could create also but sometimes as parents, we do what we need to do sometimes... at the moment, him eating a nutritious meal and a good enough amount to make him grow is more important to me than whether or not he is at the table or in front of the tv.. He doesn't get to watch it often so this is considered a treat as well and he actually sits and eats.. when we are at the table, he takes a bite and wants to be all done, as active as he is, I think the TV actually gets his mind of the fact he's sitting still to eat.. we've tried talking at the table, books at the table, flashcards while eating to make it funner but just never had the luck like the tv to get him to eat. small price to pay I think
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 3, 2010