what should i do about my wisdom teeth?

they have been killing me for the past week...I could get them taken out on Tuesday by someone not a provider of my dental insurance so i will havta pay 40%....or I can wait till 19th for my "consultation" at my provided and pay 20% of the bill. Is there a chance they could stop hurting? or are they more than likely going to hurt until the 19th...i would hate to pay the extra money but don't know how much more I can deal with this!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• Can your provider provide you with some pain medication to get you through to the 19th?
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 8:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• have them pulled
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 8:35 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Can you ask the oral surgeon to prescribe you a pain killer until your consultation? If you do that, just ask for something that's not addictive since addictions to pain killers can happen to anyone.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 8:36 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• good idea ladies..i will try it..
    kstn415

Answer by kstn415 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'd ask your Dr. for some good pain killers until surgery day, he'll most likely help you, plus he wants your business.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I'd ask for painkillers. If not, see the non-insurance dentist and get it over with!
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I feel your pain! Mine got so bad that I just had them pulled. If you can get some meds and hang in there, then do that. It's all a matter of how much you can deal with. Good luck with everything!
    mochamomof3

Answer by mochamomof3 at 11:15 AM on Oct. 2, 2010