What is it about pumkin?

I bought some pumpkin bread for breakfast and my cats are going nuts! They've both begged a bite and one is trying for more (which I wont let them have anymore. Theyve been fed their food). Besides being spoiled a bit and not trained properly not to jump on the table, what is it about pumpkin that cats like?

duckigrrl

Asked by duckigrrl at 9:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Pets

• They just like it. Dogs too. If you have a pet that is constipated OR has loose stools, canned pumpkin works wonders. NOT pumpkin pie filling.. it has to be just plain canned pumpkin. :D
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 12:25 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• My vet told me to give my cat pumpkin when he was constipated. He loved it! Begged for it, straight out of the can!!! It also helps with loose stool due to natural fiber. Charlie LOVES it!!!!!!
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• hmmm..i will have to get some. my husband loves seeing the cats go crazy over stuff.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• It could be that they are attracted to some of the spices that are in pumpkin bread.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't know, but I do know that my sister feeds her dogs pumpkin and it is really good for them.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 9:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Wow, I never would have thought to give an animal pumkin for digestive issues. That's pretty neat!
    duckigrrl

Comment by duckigrrl (original poster) at 9:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Now that is interesting to know and I'll certainly keep that in mind.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2010