Does anybody have life insurance?

Do you think people need life insurance or disability income insurance or long term care and/or other types of investments like retirement plans, annuities etc.?

AnittaT

Asked by AnittaT at 9:34 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Money & Work

• Yes, having insurance is very important, especially if you have kids. This is really for their future should something happen to you or your spouse. My husband have insurance with this job, plus we both have life and term policies. When my firstborn came after couple months I did the same for him.
    sher1266

Answer by sher1266 at 9:56 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes, yes, and yes!!! You need life insurance to support your familyw hen you're gone (at least until your children are 18). You need money to cover a funeral. If you have enough of both,t hen you don't need it, but most people don't have that much. You also need money for retirement unless you want to work until the day you die.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 5:01 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Do you think people need life insurance Maybe. But if you have several million socked away and you can live off the interest that creates, than no you probably don't. Also if you have no liabilities and no one is banking on your income, and you have enough to cover a funeral, well then you probably don't either.

or disability income insurance Only if you work =)

Continue:

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:20 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• or long term care insurance After the age of 50 yes.

investments only if you understand them Retirement plans only if you understand them.

annuities etc.Variable annuities- probably. But that's after you've maxed out your 401K and your IRAs (preferably Roth.)

Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:21 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• yes life insurance is so important! the other stuff I know nothing about because I have little work experience
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:38 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Yes 30 year term. My husband is insured for $2 million and I am insured for $1 million
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:29 PM on Oct. 3, 2010