Do you have a routine for chores/cleaning around the house?

What's your routine for cleaning? I'm looking for a new one because I procrastinate too much... so I'm trying to find a way to motivate myself to clean in a more routine way. (I know a lot of it is my own attitude, so coments about that are not necessary... I'm working on it) Are there certain things you do on each day of the week?

SAHMomOf3

Asked by SAHMomOf3 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Hi,
    One thing I started doing recently that has helped me A LOT, is this: every evening before I go to bed, I load the dishes in the dishwasher and clean the kitchen sink and counters. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it's a really good feeling to wake up and have the kitchen clean. It's just a start, but I hope it helps you feel motivated to do more. I got the idea from the "Flylady" - she has great tips for organizing and cleaning. You can Google her to find her website. Good luck!
    Jazzmin7

Answer by Jazzmin7 at 11:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Every Monday I do the bathrooms (3) laundry about every other day. etc.
    On the weekends I just make the bed and I'm off ")
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yeah, laundry is about every other day or so, I sweep and vacuum usually on Mondays and Fridays, and just spot clean the rest of the week. Weekends are for spending time with the family and I don't do anything on the weekends!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I have also recently discovered "Flylady". Her tips have helped me have a little more peace and a lot less stress when it comes to household chores. Good luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:44 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I sweep, mop, vacuum, dust, make beds every day. Mondays I deep clean the fridge & clean the bathrooms. I also do the weekend laundry on Mondays. Tuesdays I clean the baseboards. Wednesdays I do more laundry. Thursdays I clean the bathrooms again. Fridays I do more laundry. I do minor clean ups only on the weekends. Nothing major, no laundry, no mopping/dusting but I will sweep & vacuum.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• I change sheets on Mondays and Fridays. I make the bed first thing, load the washer, then I just work for an hour on the upstairs, load the washer and dryer, and work for an hour on the downstairs. Every day I start my hour in a different room.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 1:59 AM on Oct. 3, 2010

• Rotate bathrooms every tues and sat, laundry every friday, everyone does own rooms, rotate kitchen every night
    Inheritingkids

Answer by Inheritingkids at 10:57 AM on Oct. 3, 2010