Neighbors Who Already Have Their Halloween Decorations Up. "Your paper mache tarantula is an act of suburban aggression"

http://lifestyle.msn.com/your-life/family-parenting/the-family-room-blog-post.aspx?post=78c2380e-cdbb-43e8-893d-9955275c0d3c>1=32001
The guy who wrote this article think this about Halloween.
On Sunday I'm putting up my some of my decorations. The big stuff I put up the day of Halloween, only because I think they might get stolen.
As a kid I remember Halloween as one of the best times I had. Once a year to get dressed up and get candy WOW that was great!
When do you start to decorate?

gammie

Asked by gammie at 9:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Back when I was younger we wouldn't do any decorating until the day of Halloween. We were the HOUSE on the street to get, ahem TRY to get, candy from. We would do something different every year, and it would scare all the kids! It was great! We would have teens coming over and daring each other to try and go get some candy from us. One year we had people dropping out of the tree, we had someone coming around the corner of the house revving a "chainsaw" at them, my dad would sit statue still in the yard and they would think he was fake, and then he would either jump and scare them or pull the trigger on his impact wrench into the pan and make a loud noise and scare them, it was always great! And once my kids are a couple of years older I am going to start doing that here! It's so much more fun than trick or treating.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:21 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I don't. Though I love the holiday I don't spend money on decorations.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 10:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I carved the first Jack O Lantern yesterday with my daughter. The creepy decorations terrify her (she just turned 2) but I do a lot of fruit and vegetable carvings so jack o lanterns are one of my favorite things. Yesterday we did Mickey Mouse, the next one will have Winnie the Pooh and Tigger!
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 10:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I think people should decorate for all holidays if they want to u hardly hear of anyone complaining about all the Christmas decorations Halloween is just another holiday where you can have fun I say put up your decorations as soon as you want to and if anyone says its to creepy tell them to go bite themselves lol its Halloween for crying out loud its suppose to be creepy and scary that's the point and if people can't handle it then they should stay in there homes and stop trying to ruin the fun for everyone else I don't decorate but my kids have always loved going out and seeing all the Halloween decorations even since they where wee little. its October now so i say DECORATE AWAY AND IGNORE ANYONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE IT and if the bug u to much then forget the treat and give them a trick they will never forget lol
    shylilly

Answer by shylilly at 10:46 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• There is a guy who lives about 2 miles away and he decorates his house and yard every year to such an extent that he is on the news...its in the paper. LOL. His yard has tombstones,skeletons,vampires,etc. and he has a haunted maze in his backyard for kids and their parents. Its a riot!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• last night
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• that does sound like a great idea..gammie
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• LOL! I like that - "an act of suburban aggression"

I don't care for all the decorations. :D Especially the creepy ones. My little ones are a little frightened by them. Plus I think they are ugly.

Feel free to put them up at your house, but we aren't!!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We're going to decorate this weekend. Halloween is my favorite holiday and it's so fun to decorate for! I just got a 10 foot long airblown pumpkin patch and a skeleton for our post lantern and a big hairy spider. Those are our newest additions. We also put up a motion activated mummy on our door, purple lights along the railing on our front patio, ghosts hanging from our tree, police caution tape around our side yard, spider webs, and whatever else I find that I think is cool. Our whole neighborhood really goes all out for Halloween, and I love it. There's one house down the street that already has up a very elaborate lighted graveyard with motion and everything.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:04 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• The author needs to go buy himself an industrial size tub of petroleum jelly and use it to pull the stick out of his ass!

I wonder if he bitches and whines about Christmas decorations going up the day after Thanksgiving and staying up until after New Years. He probably want the decorations up a week before and down the day after. 

Can someone please hand him some CHEESE to go with his WHINE!!!

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:37 AM on Oct. 2, 2010