to the moms who had to have their baby in glasses at a young age...

my daughter is eleven months and just got glasses. she needed them really bad. the problem is i cant get her to keep them on! how did you get them to keep them on? we have the ones that curve around her ear to keep them in place. we have tried the strap but that doesnt help.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 10:00 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is hard, luckily my daughter was 2 when she got hers so it was a little easier. We just had to keep putting them back on her over and over again. I would put them on her and then try to distract her with a game or a toy, she would leave them alone for a little while and eventually she just learned to leave them alone all together. good luck momma!
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• thanks i've been trying to distract her and she'll keep them on for about three minutes before she realizes and yanks them off
    samantha21385

Comment by samantha21385 (original poster) at 10:12 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Im totally joking here! Duck tape! Do you have a velcro strap? could you run an extra peice down under her chin from the temple part?
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Be consistant. She will learn that it's not an option to take them off.
    KathrynJL

Answer by KathrynJL at 11:28 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Patience, I guess.  My daughter was 18 months when she got hers and I never had a problem.  Her doctor was surprised.  We didn't have any special straps or ear pieces, just regular plastic frames. 

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2010

• all 3 of my kids wear glasses and dont have a problem with them keepin them on they actually like wearing glasses ... i guess just talk to her and teel her why she needs them and why its important to have them ...and be patient wth her
    chulafromhtown

Answer by chulafromhtown at 3:51 PM on Oct. 3, 2010

• my sister give her 1year old daughter a sicker for every hour she kept then on and sens she really liked stickers and couldn't see them without her glasses and by the time she was 2 she was putting them on in the morning and leaving them a lone all day
    Paigesmommy78

Answer by Paigesmommy78 at 10:37 PM on Oct. 4, 2010