Does your family eat leftovers?

My family will not eat them and my husband hates it when meals repeat in a month.

martinmommy26

Asked by martinmommy26 at 10:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Food & Drink

• It depends on what it is. They love leftover lasagna and spaghetti. I don't like meals repeating within a month either.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes and I won't cook until it's all done.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• ^^opps gone instead of done^^ not enough coffee yet
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yes of course. We cook, then we have food for the next day's lunch or dinner already made. I usually won't make a new meal until the leftovers are gone, or I freeze the leftovers so we can have 'fast' food later. Do you only cook exactly what your family will eat or do you throw away the leftovers? I can't throw food away, I feel terrible when I do. There are people who don't have food to eat and I am throwing it away? Nope, not in this house.=)
    norahsmommy

Answer by norahsmommy at 10:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Most of the time,yes,we did. ANd I wouldn't accept a fussy family....LOL...and if anyone said that I had to cook a different meal everyday for a month with no repeats,I would go on strike!! We should eat to live, not live to eat! My in-laws thought about food all day long, had to try new recipes, had to eat whenever their tummy would growl and ....they were very obese.
    My family,in contrast, were served small portions of healthy food and if there were repeats in a few days,nobody cared and if we had leftovers, nobody cared. We ate and went on to more exciting things,we didn't ask for seconds because Mom only made enough for one helping a person. We have always been slim. :-) We ate to live.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We generally have a "leftover night" on the weekends. That way it cleans out all the leftovers from the previous week so that I can make more yummy food in the upcoming week!
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 10:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• We it leftovers all the time. I try to 're-make' them so it is a little bit different meal, but that is not always possible. Hubby and the kids are good about eating them. I don't heat them in the microwave (usually). They never taste as good. I use the oven to reheat stuff.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• No. It's just the 2 of us, so I only cook for me and a 5-yr-old at a time and there's usually no leftovers. But even when there is, we don't eat that because I don't like it.
    mygirlpaige

Answer by mygirlpaige at 10:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I will not eat leftovers unless its Cincinnati chili or something like twice baked potatoes. My hubby takes any and all leftovers to work and eats it for lunch! So my kids don't really have a choice since I don't like to eat them they don't eat them because I never have them for a meal =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 10:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Definitely, I cook on Sundays and we have leftovers for lunch the next day.
    sher1266

Answer by sher1266 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2010