Do you think this election is going way to far?

http://kdka.com/politics/McCain.Campaign.Worker.2.847449.html

This is a horrible article about a woman being attacked because she works for the McCain campaign, while being attack the person craved a B into the woman's cheek. DO you think this election had stepped over the boundary of a sanity?

Babyduche

Asked by Babyduche at 8:26 PM on Oct. 23, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i don't think the election can be blamed for the behavior of crazy people.
    obviously he had already planned on robbing her.
    either way it's disgusting. i feel so bad for that poor lady. :(
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:34 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I have read some horrible stories from both sides. I don't think you can blame the election itself, although I'm sure the negativity brewing between candidates doesn't help calm the nutcases, I'm sure.
    msmoody

Answer by msmoody at 8:38 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• i did a google search about this attack and while i'm not particularly fond of michelle malkin, i agree that this does sound a little fishy!
    http://michellemalkin.com/2008/10/23/why-that-mccain-volunteers-mutilation-story-smells-awfully-weird/
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:39 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• "Meanwhile, late this afternoon, the Obama-Biden campaign released a statement, saying: "This is a horrendous act of violence. Our thoughts and prayers are with the young woman for her to make a speedy recovery, and we hope that the person who perpetrated this crime is swiftly apprehended and brought to justice."

I agree this is a horrible act. let's see how it turns out.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 8:55 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• michelle malkin said.. Notice how the “B” is backwards on the right cheek……if you were looking in a mirror and put it on your own face…it would appear backwards and would probably be on your own right cheek (due to most folks are right handed)……she put it on her own face but forgot it would show up backwards.

She may have been robbed and beaten but I think she added the “B”….

Take a close look at the picture. Maaaaybe the alleged robber straddled her upside-down while carving it into her face. Maybe. But I’ve got my doubts.

The woman has been identified as GOP volunteer Ashley Todd of Texas. Her Twitter page is here and I find it, well, odd. This seems to me to have shades of Paul Mirecki (note that there was a photo in that case, too), Sarah Marshak, and Tawana Brawley all over it.

If I’m wrong, I’ll apologize. If I’m right, will thi
    Anonymous

• Anonymous

• Oh I just read that. and saw this post from a mccain supporter... I guess time will tell.
    “I’m a cop - 8th year now - and this McCain supporter attack just didn’t pass the “smell test” as soon as I read about it.

At this point, I’ll guess the shiner was inflicted either by a friend willingly as part of this hoax or a boyfriend in a domestic dispute.

The “B” is far to shallow and clean to be taken seriously. Reminds me of the stab wounds that a “hero” would get when fighting off a phantom attacker - far to superficial to have been done in what is a fairly violent encounter.

Either way, I’m voting McCain "
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:06 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• The “B” is far to shallow and clean to be taken seriously

ny.chica Thank You.. I am no expert, but I was talking to my hubby and he said it was too shallow and to "clean" cut of a B, like someone too the time to make a b, rather than one done of rage. I trust his opinion for he is a Security Police Officer in the AF and has seen some interesting things...
    Anonymous

• anon: 9:13 the officer that posted that is a mccain supporter so I quoted him. I agree with him based on my experience as well. but since I don't support mccain I son't want to be attack for my opinion. but yeah that b doesn't look like something done out of rage or in a haste. again If I'm wrong I apologized. Only time will tell.

ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:16 PM on Oct. 23, 2008

• I want to hear a little more about this before I believe its actually true. Sounds rather fishy to me...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 10:20 PM on Oct. 23, 2008