Guys I need to find ways to help with my stress level. I feel like i'm always mad at the boys and for reasons I don't know. Whay do you guys do to keep your stress levels at a min?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in General Parenting

• Exercise let those endorphins make you feel good!

Answer by older at 10:10 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Yah the trick is to find the time. It seems like everytime I try to they come and bother me. LOL
    momtocrazyri

Answer by momtocrazyri at 10:11 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• good luckAre you a stay at home mom? I am and sometimes I feel so overwhelmed and I only have one child, but she demands my attention. She wants/needs a playmate all day.. ugh!!! Any way, I go to the gym. They have a nursery and I go for like 1 to 2 hrs like 3 to 4 times a week. Go for walks with mine child too. That is the ONLY way to reduce my stress level....( oh and cleaning...lol )

1lilgirl

Answer by 1lilgirl at 10:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• sounds like you have a lot on your plate. If they are really stressing you then sit down and figure out what the stressers are. Yelling, messes, schedules, noises? then look for ways to minimize them. You may need to talk to a professional.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 10:14 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Thanks guys!!!
    momtocrazyri

Answer by momtocrazyri at 10:16 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• try to ignore the little things and dont nitpick at those little things. the bigger things are the ones that need disciplined and yellling at.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• You need to take some time for just you.

Send the boys to the movies with their dad on the weekends and you use this time for just you.

Take a hot bath after everyone has gone to bed and think about nothing.

Give yourself every morning 15min. to just relax. Like stretches, before everyone is up.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Try to find the root of the problem and when you fix that then you won't be mad at the boys. In the mean time taking a walk around the block to get out the house might help.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• Pick your battles. Carve out some time for you, even if it's half an hour locked in the bathroom with a beverage and a new novel. (Hint: Remind hubby he's in charge during that time and insist he have father son time with them. If that's not possible, maybe wake up a little earlier or stay up a little later so that you can have some time to collect your thoughts. Good luck, mama!
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 10:24 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• take omega supplements or eat more fish & nuts. The omega's are essential fatty acids that your brain needs to properly function. I take 2 flaxseed oil pills in the morning & night to keep my stress level down.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 2, 2010