Post Partum Anxiety

Has anyone had problems with Post Partum anxiety? I have anxiety to begin with but gets really bad after I have a baby. Just looking for support and hope that its gonna get better soon. I do think it situation though. I get more anxiety when Seth has bad days (teething, colic, cold)

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 2, 2010 in Health

• I did. I had a preemie so he was in the hospital for a long time, but at 7 weeks post partum I went to the psych ER for treatment. I thought that I was losing my mind. I did get diagnosed with Generalized anxiety disorder and Post Partum depression. It was rough for a while, and I did take medication for it. It did get better. I think as a parent, you are so in tune with your newborn child, and you worry so much about their well being, being anxious is natural. It is stressful but it does get better. They key is get enough sleep, easier said than done. Reduce the amount of caffeine you consume. It helps. The dr. told me that as the weather starts to get warmer, the anxiety does increase. Don't understand why. But my son is 5 and my issues are better, and have been for quite a while. Good luck to you.
    Danielle K.

Answer by Danielle K. at 10:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2010

• I had it really bad and had to move my family into my mom's house for 2 months because I couldn't sleep at my house. Our house had had 2 gas leaks and my baby had been in the NICU for 33 days and I has just a mess. My brother stays up all night and sleeps all day so knowing he was awake in case anything happened allowed me to sleep. We are back home but I still can't sleep upstairs but I no longer have the high levels of anxiety I had in the beginning!
    Hope things get better if you need someone to talk to on here about it feel free to email me! I know it sucks =o)
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 10:25 AM on Oct. 2, 2010